Wednesday 23 September 2015

Thursday. 18/09/2015. 'Kale Pesto Pasta with Crisp Prosciutto.'

This recipe is from 'Good Food' September issue. Page 116.















I just love pasta. If someone could eat pasta everyday, it's me. When I was a student, it used to be almost the case. 

Although I was recently given a pasta machine for my birthday, I must confessed that I haven't used it yet and that the pasta in this dish were shop bought Fusilli.




The sound of making my own pesto is what drew me to that recipe. I am fond of pesto. You will always find many jars of different kind in my fridge, the classic Pesto a la Genovese being a firm favourite. My partner who didn't particularly like pesto is now a definite convert. 

The Pesto in the recipe bestows an ingredient which I had readily available in my garden: Kale. So I happily used and prepared my Curly Kale. Kale is a fantastic but also versatile ingredient. I grow it to jazz up salads, stews, stir fry, or even braised it as a side dish and to make my carnivorous partner eat a bit of green. 

The pesto was dead easy to prepare following the recipe so this is one process I will not forget in order to whiz up home made pesto in the future. 



On overall it would have been hard to mess up that one, for I am a Mama when it comes to the Pasta in Da Casa. That lovely fulfilling dish reached a four star and it is so easy to make that it is definitely coming back. One other advantage, was the couple of lunch boxes we filled up with the excess. For whoever is on a budget, I would recommend that dish.  









No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.