Saturday 19 September 2015

Tuesday. 08/09/2015. 'Mixed Steak Grill'

The recipe comes from 'Feel Good Food Autumn 2015'. Page 18.






















Now this is not a mind blower, it is just good old tried and tasted combination that works aka the steak and chips.


It's simple but not as straight forward for you have to get the steaks right to any taste which is a good old conundrum. There is plenty of tips around and I am fond personally of James Martin's one using his palm and fingers which gives by touch the feel of what the texture should be like either medium, medium rare, rare or dead. I can only recommend this link too which is helpful:

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/technique/how-cook-steak

Or another tip, let the steaks to be grilled by the grill expert in the household if you bestow one... ;0)
Which I lazily did. He is a medium to well done while I am a medium-rare to plain rare steak wise (Depending on my craving taste that day).



There was one twist in the recipe which I did. For the grilled Portobello mushrooms, I filled them with Gorgonzolla cheese. First, the size of a portobello mushroom just screams at you 'stuff me with something'. Second steak and blue cheese is a combination which just works, well in my books but which is pretty well known all over. Mainly it relies on the question of being finicky about blue cheese or not, or being lactose intolerant, or else. Third, who can resist melting cheese? Only the strong hearted, I am too cheesy to do that. The cheesy addition was welcomed and gobbled by my alter ego.

Easy to do, it is an all rounder thumbs up. It's a classic really which fared an easy four stars hands up.

With the leftovers, tomatoes, cheese, chips and mushrooms, combined with some ham I had to use, I jazzed up a lovely brunch the following day.






You usually can't go wrong with steak and chips, or can you? The art is in getting that steak perfect to one's taste. ;0)













No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.