Friday 25 September 2015

Weekly Feedback. 'Good Food, September 2015.' (14-19 of September 2015)

Having tried recipes from this magazine for a week in my home every evening, I must say two things about the experience: 

First it was highly enjoyable. No recipes seemed too hard to make nor took an enormous amount of time to do. 

Second it gave a variety of dishes and ingredients which made the trial very entertaining. 






For seasonality, the articles about pies: 'Nice as Pie', and preserves: 'Let's preserve more...' were bang on the money.









At the end of the summer, it can help dealing with a glut for a gardener. It gave me the recipe to sort out my first harvest of beetroot. Gosh, do I love a pickled beet, now I am making my own. 










The cinnamon scented plum jam was a treat that will deliver all winter and I cannot be more thankful for that recipe. My first fruit jam: Yeehaw! Milestone. 









The fig, raspberry and cardamom pie gave me a lovely challenge for the sweet treat of the week and an awesome opportunity to use our raspberries.



I learned to make my own pesto with the Curly Kale of my garden on Thursday. A process I will not forget for my love of pesto and pasta. You have a Mama in this Casa. 

Making it to the homely podium in third position, a recipe which delivered in fragrance was the 'Chicken and Date Tagine with Cauliflower Couscous'. Interesting to make, enjoyable to eat, but with less dates it potentially could have been a clear winner in this home.



The runner up of this week 'Good Food' September 2015 issue sample was the 'Ham and Tarragon Pot Pie'.  Deadly simple and flavoursome, you can not argue with that: Comfort food at its best.

On the top spot we have an humble soup: 'The Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Carrots Soup' . It warmed our hearts big time. Our beautiful carrots got used beautifully. The Chorizo addition was inspired and we will keep it to make that soup again and again. It is crowned our dish of the week. 


When the star of the show last week was the simply marinated 'Sticky Glazed Chicken Sticks', this week it was another simple number which delivered on taste. 

The following week was a trial on a culinary book by Mary Berry given at my leaving do... 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.