Thursday 17 September 2015

*** Welcome ***



The old Adagio 'Home Sweet Home' took a new level for me recently, as I have the chance now to work from home as a full time writer and publishing director. It gives me the brilliant opportunity to reconnect with my own living space, from the garden to the kitchen and enjoy it fully.



La Maison de Cordelia is going to be a blog far less stuffy than the Foodie ones which show lots of craftsmanship and expertise. It's a down to earth basic and simple trying out of recipes. I cannot pretend that I create recipes, I follow them. I am such a hoarder and foodie that I have piles of culinary books and food magazines. Now I have the time of my life to be able to explore my treasures fully and cook from them wonders daily.



The recipes that I will use, will be referenced. You will know the source it came from so you will be able to find them easily on-line or in the cooking book itself.  I must say that I do sometimes digress from an original recipe a tad.  Usually, it is not by much and any diversion will be mentioned and quantified.



How many of us have that impulsion in front of a good meal to take that pic and send it on social media? I am smiling because I constantly have that urge of sharing to the world that I had a bleeming awesome dinner and I did it all by myself, apart from the chopping of the onions which my loving Partner always does for me. (kiss kiss). So instead of inundating Facebook and Instagram with my boisterous culinary achievements, I decided to do that let out here, in that 'I love my Food' blog diary. It is neither pompous nor bragging it is sharing and recording, and I must say mainly for myself.



For a blog is a perfect format to record what did work for you and what didn't. What was the tweak you did to make it happen? A notepad gets lost in the house in no times at all. It also lacks the pictures of the results of your effort. Is that recipe worth to do it again and again and again or is it a skip? I mean for all who did household economics at school, you can sense the perfect tool a culinary diary blog can be.








Secondly, if it helps you greatly in your home and learning new skills in the kitchen, it doesn't bother the ones who cannot give a damn about cooking. All the better, you only get the peeps who give a shit about cooking and love and enjoy having a decent dinner and love taking a pic of it too. Don't be shy, for those pics will be welcomed here in the comments section: Yes, you can brag about your meals here. There's no stuffy nose in this house.








Thirdly, as I said, it's friendly here with no experts, 'knowing it all' in sight: the aim of the game is learning by experience and our mistakes. We are cocooning at home. There is no pressure to pull out the perfect chutney, only the one to enjoy the minutes you spent learning this new technique. Practice makes better. Plenty of time is the essence here. We have all the time in the world to learn. Wink: if Granny's recipe is the best, do you think she was able to pull it off age 18? Or do you think she learnt it years after years by taste until she got it done to a T (Taste Perfect)???






A home is where you live, enjoy your loved ones and rest: the Harbour of your Heart. 
Fighting free zone, pressure free, just pure TLC. 
You can nestle your head down on to an understanding shoulder, who will pat you back.
It's a nurturing environment.






Which comes to my fourth which is  'Cordelia's Home'!!! Home is where your heart is.
My heart is here. From potting about in the garden to the kitchen, from clumsy projects to well rehearsed ones, I am making my own nest for 'me lovelies'.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.